Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Oreos, please...

this is an audio post - click to play

Today felt like Murphy (as in "Murphy's Law") was playing with me. Not so fun when you realize that your checking account is low and rent is due ~ it can't be a day late, otherwise, you get slammed with a $50 late fee ~ you drive 40 min. (in traffic) to get to your closest bank (I know, what bank do I belong to that it takes 40 min. with traffic to get to?), you get there only to find out that their network is down. What the hell??? And you know that this wouldn't be happening if only someone in their right mind would hire you! Not to mention, that two cars were very close to hitting me on the way back home, AND every street I turned onto seemed to have a car stopped in front of me ~ either making a right turn and waiting for pedestrians to cross, or simply being there double parked. All I wanted to do was get home, have a sandwich, and pig out on Oreos.

It's mind boggling to me (6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other) that I could make the move to New York City ~ 80% fearful that I would not have a steady freelance gig, or that I would even find a second freelance gig just in a case the first one didn't work out ~ and actually having it all work out that I end up dropping that second freelance gig. Yet, as much as that worked out, I wasn't completely happy. There was only one friend I had in the city (my roommate), and the dating scene stinked! My sole purpose in New York ended up being: to work. Now that I come to California, the job situation is shakey; however, my living style, dating and friend scenes are great! Where's the medium? Or can I just have it all, please?

1 comment:

Mrs. Homesteader said...

awww. I'm sorry! It'll all work out!