Friday, July 28, 2006

OVERqualified?

I think this is the first time in my life that I've been told that I'm OVERqualified to be an assistant editor. Compliment, of course, but...WHAT?!? I'm anything BUT overqualified to be an assistant editor. Have you SEEN me as an assistant editor? Wow, I'm totally downgrading myself now. It's just I don't see how I could be anything more than assistant editor at this time. It's that stage for me. Previous employers had no problems in hiring me as "less" than assistant editor, and I had no problems in taking the jobs. I just need the money! I understand the concept of working your way up in a company.

I also understand the cliche saying of "Everything happens for a reason." I firmly believe in it. But where's the hope when no one replies or says "You're awesome, but you're overqualified"?

2 comments:

Mrs. Homesteader said...

yikes! That really sucks!!! You'll find something soon...and it'll be way better than this job! I hate when people do that, btw. Obviously you need the job if you're applying, so wth? I think it means "You would be really good, but we really don't want to pay what someone like you is worth."

Anonymous said...

Funny...I went up to NYC for my b-day and wondered where Charlene went...waah...miss u! --dsmolar