Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Finally!

Things are looking up! I’ve purposefully avoided writing another woe-is-me blog the past week and a half. Between being concerned about a girl I graduated with who is in the hospital for a brain aneurism (which then led me to wanting to visit home) and finding a job for myself, I resisted every single urge to splatter my emotions online. The last thing I want is for this blog to become a huge downer.

My morning started with walking into my living room only to find a big, nasty cockroach crawling along my carpet. Hmm, flashback to seeing my first NYC cockroach…but not as horrible. The L.A. cockroach was half the size and did not run at me when I went to towards it. With every ounce of courage (and some whimpering), I was able to chase it onto my patio. I think it found it’s way out into the wilderness.

A few hours later, a housewarming plant arrived to my apartment from my favorite aunt and uncle. Such a great surprise! I mean, I knew that it was arriving…however, I was expecting flowers, not a plant…and a plant is SO MUCH BETTER!!! I love how it’s just warmed this place up!

E! is reinstalling me as an assistant editor for the next few days. I couldn’t be more excited and nervous (again!) at the same time. Just why do they have to stick a producer with me on an evening shift? Ah well, that which doesn’t kill me…, right?

Tomorrow’s a full day. 10am ~ interview for a photographer position with a family portrait company (one that goes out and about to take the pics, not just an indoor studio). 1pm ~ free hair color touch-up (cuz the color didn’t stick first time around). 5pm ~ work.

Also on my plate is the, hopefully, beginning stages of my “acting career.” Should I even be putting quotations around that? I’d really rather not jinx myself by removing them. ;-) I just got off the phone with an acting studio that will basically act as my mentor, provide industry contacts for me, acting classes, and workshops with well-known actors/producers/directors. I have a meeting with them on Saturday!

Do I see a light at the end of this tunnel?

No comments: