Friday, September 15, 2006

Allusions ~ They make me feel good

Well, I think my last update was accurate. Things ARE looking up! Work has steadily been picking up...or at least, the allusion is there. ;-) E! called wanting to book me for 3 days this week, but it ended up only being 1 day. Another post production company called wanting to book me for 2 or 3 days, which I ended up turning down because I was booked with E! Then, as noted above, E! dropped my last two edit sessions. Work at the hospital (for the baby photography) has picked up, as well, which is GREAT news for me. The past 3 to 4 weeks were very depressing ~ no moms were interested in taking pics, so I would drive out there only to waste 30 to 60 min. of my time.

My apartment is gradually becoming more "home-y"...or again, it's all an allusion. Still no furniture, but I have desk!!! and a desk chair ~ my first ever! and I got a grill (also, my first ever)!!! Andrew and I used it the very first night! Kabobs and hot dogs...yummm! :-P Next on the list is a closet organizer for my bedroom. It'll be such a relief to not live out of my suitcase anymore! It's been 3 months. It's about time...

On an even more exciting note, I had my first acting class last night! As always, I was very nervous going in, but I think there's a good bunch in the class, and the teacher is great. Very much an L.A. actor (in a non-obnoxious way) if that makes any sense. Umm, funny that I peg him with that description when he was born and raised in Brooklyn! The class has a different feel to it than previous classes I've taken. Perhaps because it's for on-camera vs. my previous classes, where - I think - it was assumed that we would be on-stage. In any case, we talked about the basics ~ character and environment. So, that really shouldn't have been an affect of the different feel. I can't put my finger on it.

Oh! and I saw Jay Leno on the 101 last week! I was driving home with the convertible top down, and I heard this loud rumble. I thought "WHAT is that ridiculously loud noise?!?" I turned my head and saw this antique convertible two lanes to my left. As he passed me, I saw the white hair and wondered "Is that Jay Leno?"He turned his head to the right as he crossed over a lane, and then another, two cars in front of me. I grabbed my camera-phone for a quick shot, and while it's not the best one, there it is. My first celebrity sighting in L.A.

That is the update, my dear friends. As I sit here on the hard, carpeted floor, leaning against my make-shift couch of 3 plastic storage bins, slightly covered with a semi-fluffy blanket...I wish you a good day! :-)

No comments: