Saturday, August 12, 2006

Self Re-Invention

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Overall, a great day yesterday! Andrew and I both had hair cut appointments at his salon in Burbank, and I also had mine colored. A cut and color were LONG overdue! This change seemed to go along with the decision to reinvest in myself.

After being beaten down for the past several weeks, it's about time for me to once again focus on brushing up on my editing skills; So that when the time comes again for an interview or to go on a freelance job, I'll have as much confidence in editing as I do in QC-ing. As soon as I finish goofing around (yet, polishing, refining, and learning) with some "Gilmore Girls" footage, I even have an original project to work on with the hopes of having it aired on The Travel Channel (oh, the irony since I left Discovery almost a year ago) and being paid up to $1000 for it. Woo! Let's not get our hopes up, though. ;-) And today, I started looking into acting gigs. On Monday, I'll be calling the company for "Grey's Anatomy" to get more information on doing background work.

Back to my girl-talk...I love, love, love the new hair-do! All the blonde highlights are gone and have been replaced with brown-red highlights...and I have a touch of bangs!!! that I can hide whenever I feel like. It's strange to have hair in my eyes again. We spent almost 3 hrs. in the salon...talk about Andrew being a good boyfriend! ;-) He was quite interested in the process (he took a pic of me with all the foil in my hair!), and at least, he's basically friends with his hair stylist (the stylist is a guy).

Once the hair was done, we grabbed a quick bite to eat at a sushi bar, and I had my first sushi hand roll. Yum yum! Then we went to the theatre to see "Talladega Nights." Funny stuff! and at the end of the movie, I learned that someone from my high school alma mater was one of the main characters ~ Leslie Bibb. She's been in movies here and there, and was in a WB or UPN show called "Popular." This is just the first movie, I believe, that I've actually seen her in...except for her very small role in The Howard Stern movie. She did a good job! ...she should find me a job! Help a fellow alum! ;-)

It was a perfect day yesterday. I'm not even going to let my dead-battery-car get me down today!

No comments: