Saturday, January 13, 2007

A New Year

It's surprising to see that my last blog was in October! How can that be??? Oh. Right. I got a full time QC job. Wow, that seriously took over my life.

New in my life for the new year:

~ No longer chained to a full time job; I am freelance and lovin' it, baby!
~ Headshots!!! Finally have professional headshots of which I can be proud to hand over to casting directors, agents, managers, homeless guy on the street - no, wait. Take that back. That's a little creepy.
~ Taking control and freeing my creative self! Sounds so California, huh? Yeah, well, for the first time in a long time, I'm feeling the most "me" and feeling very positive of the future.
~ A warm January! (I'll ignore the 30-40 degree temps we had yesterday)
~ Serious plumbing problems. Last week, the bathroom. This week, the kitchen. Oh joy.
~ An interview for another freelance QC job...and closer to where I live!

In the works for the new year:

~ More acting classes. I'll be starting an on-going soap class taught by my wonderful instructor from the 4-week class at AIA Studios. He's a casting director on Y&R, has such a positive attitude and a joy to work with!
~ Subcategory on the acting ~ performing for commercial agents to land an agent. Yikes! I gotta find some script.
~ Teaching piano to kids (and considering adults) for extra cash and another creative outlet. Gotta read up on some boring piano teaching manuals.

Hope everyone has a safe and HAPPY 2007!!!

No comments: